Over the course of his journey, he comes up with a list of lessons about happiness. They are each good things to consider when we evaluate our own happiness or lack thereof. Below are a few of his lessons which I've found to be thought-provoking.
- Making comparisons can spoil your happiness.
- Many people see happiness only in their future.
- Many people think that happiness means having more money or power.
- Sometimes happiness is not knowing the whole story.
- It's a mistake to think that happiness is the goal.
We all want to be happy. I don't know anyone who would rather be miserable than happy! But perhaps we have to let go of some of our long-held, cultural assumptions to truly experience it or else to recognize that we already are happy.